In today’s digital age, voice search has become a widely popular method of browsing the internet. Fortunately, aysa.ai, an SEO automation software designed for the ecommerce industry, has made it possible to automate the entire process. By utilizing artificial intelligence, voice recognition software can understand and put queries into search engines. Voice recognition technology has been around since the 1950s, but it wasn’t until 2011, when IBM’s Watson was introduced, that it became a part of everyday life. According to a survey conducted by eMarketer, almost 40% of US internet users use voice search technology.
Several popular voice search devices, including Google Home, Amazon Echo/Alexa, Google Assistant, iPhone/Siri, Android devices, and Microsoft Cortana, use different search engines. Because voice search queries differ from typed queries, search engines have had to become more adept at interpreting the meaning behind the words. As a result, SEO has shifted its focus from keywords to user experience.
Here are six SEO strategies and resources that can assist in optimizing for voice search and enhance your overall SEO strategy:
- Optimize for Local Search: A considerable number of voice searches are for local information. As a result, it is critical to focus on the local aspect of SEO. Local SEO is already an essential component of digital marketing, and appearing in the local search pack is critical, particularly for brick-and-mortar businesses. Creating locally relevant content and integrating local keywords into your copy can help you optimize for local search.
- Use Long-Tail Keywords: When people use voice search, they tend to ask questions in a conversational tone. Therefore, using long-tail keywords that match how people speak can help you rank better for voice search queries. Tools such as Ubersuggest can help you discover relevant long-tail keywords for your content.
- Create a FAQ Page: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) pages are an excellent method to optimize for voice search queries. People frequently ask questions when using voice search, and FAQ pages can provide answers to these queries. Ensure that your answers are concise and easy to understand.
- Improve Your Site Speed: Site speed is a crucial factor for SEO, and it’s even more important for voice search. People using voice search expect quick answers, so your site needs to load quickly to provide a positive user experience. Tools such as Google’s PageSpeed Insights can assist in analyzing your site’s speed and identifying ways to improve it.
- Focus on Featured Snippets: Featured snippets are the highlighted results that appear at the top of Google’s search engine results page (SERP). These snippets provide quick answers to user queries and are highly sought after for voice search queries. Creating content that answers specific questions and is structured in a way that’s easy to read can help you optimize for featured snippets.
- Use Structured Data: Structured data provides search engines with additional information about your content, making it easier for them to understand and index. This can improve your chances of ranking for voice search queries. Tools such as Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper can assist in adding structured data to your site.
By implementing these SEO strategies, you can optimize your website for voice search queries and enhance your overall SEO strategy. Aysa.ai’s SEO automation software for the ecommerce industry automates the entire process, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business.
With voice search becoming increasingly prevalent, it is critical to adapt to this trend to stay competitive in the market.